If you enjoy red velvet cupcakes or cake, then I’m sure that you’ll love these Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies. I don’t enjoy eating too sweet desserts, so these brownies are perfect for me because it is so decadent without being too sweet. It is a perfect combination of fudgy brownies with a tangy cheesecake.
Active time: 20 mins | Total: 1 hr 50 mins | Yield: 24 brownies
For the Batter:
- Baking spray with flour
- 3/4 (6 oz.) cup unsalted butter
- 1 (4-oz.) 70% bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- (4) large eggs
- 1 tbsp red food coloring gel (such as Super Red)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 (6 3/8 oz.) cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 (1 1/8 oz.) cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- For the Cream Cheese Swirl:
- (2) large egg whites
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven 350°F. Prepare the Batter: First, coat a 13- x 9-inch baking dish with baking spray. Then line bottom and sides of the dish with parchment paper, leaving a 2- to 3-inch overhang on sides. Lightly coat parchment paper with baking spray.
- Then microwave butter and chocolate until melted and smooth, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes in a large microwavable bowl on high, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Add and whisk in sugar, and then add eggs, one at a time, whisking until just blended after each addition. Whisk in food coloring and vanilla.
- Add and whisk flour, cocoa, and salt in a separate bowl, and then whisk into butter mixture until just combined. Then pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Then prepare the Cream Cheese Swirl: Beat egg whites, cream cheese, and sugar with an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add flour and vanilla, beat on low speed until combined for about a minute.
- Drop the Cream Cheese Swirl into Batter in heaping tablespoonfuls, swirl gently using a knife to create a marbled effect.
- In the preheated oven, bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean for 30 to 35 minutes. Let it cool completely in a baking dish on a wire rack for about an hour.