Roasted Squash And Beet Feta Chickpea Salad. … Roasted Veggie Chickpea Salad So Good You’d Never Know It’s Healthy: Roasted Squash And Beet Feta …
- 3 bunches arugula leaves or mixed greens
- 2 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 1/4 cups feta, crumbled
- 5 peeled and pre-cooked beets (or roast beets yourself), chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1-pint cherry or plum tomatoes halved
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400∫ F.
- Toss cubed butternut squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet in an even layer and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Transfer butternut squash to a large (serving) bowl and add chopped beets, arugula, and halved tomatoes.
- Add in crumbled feta and chickpeas.
- In a small bowl or glass, whisk together olive oil and orange juice until combined.
- Drizzle salad dressing over peas and vegetables and gently toss together until everything is coated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, and serve immediately.
Note: if roasting beets at home, place beets in a baking dish and 1/2 cup water.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 400∫ F for 50-60 minutes, or until fork tender. Let cool before peeling.