Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 2large sweet potatoespeeled, and sliced in thin French-fry wedges (or 4 small sweet potatoes)
- 2-3tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3cup olive oil
- Salt and pepperto taste
- 2large cloves garlicminced
- 1heaping tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/4cup fresh chivessliced
- 1/2tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2tsp. dried rosemary
- 1heaping tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2tsp. dried oregano
- 16oz. ctn. vegetable broth
- 3cups almond milk
- fresh thyme, oregano, basil or rosemary, for garnishif desired
- 1/2cup roasted sweet potatoesfor garnish, if desired
- fresh parmesan cheese shavingsfor garnish, if desired
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice down into thin French fry-type wedges.
- Place in a 10×15” glass baking dish sprayed with olive oil cooking spray or a parchment paper-lined large cookie sheet.
- Brush with 2-3 tbsp. olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Measure 1/3 cup olive oil into a glass measuring cup.
- Add garlic, parsley, chives, thyme, rosemary, basil and oregano.
- Stir to combine.
- Brush potatoes with garlic-Italian seasonings mixture and spread out into pan as evenly as possible.
- Cover with foil, and bake about 30 minutes at 400°.
- Turn potatoes over and bake uncovered until fork tender—about 5-10 more minutes.
- Remove sweet potatoes and drippings to a large Dutch oven.
- If desired, set aside about half a cup for garnish.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher.
- (Don’t make it too smooth. You’re looking to leave some texture.)
- Stir in vegetable broth and almond milk and heat through over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- If desired, you can puree soup with an immersion blender at this point. See note below.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with fresh thyme, rosemary, basil or oregano as desired.
- Add reserved roasted sweet potatoes on top of soup.