This fast and simple recipe for casserole has almost every food group inside it, so don’t worry about any side dishes. It is a perfect weeknight dinner because it is so easy to make and only needs a few ingredients. It is delicious comfort food made with chicken and zucchini. Seriously, is there anything zucchini can’t do?
There are a lot of dishes that you can serve alongside this recipe, you can choose whatever you want, but I like serving mine with rice, bread, or pasta. If you’re looking for a casserole that is healthy and tasty, then you might want to try this one out and enjoy it with your family and friends.
- (1) small rotisserie chicken (pulled & shredded)
- (3) medium-sized zucchinis (diced)
- (1) (6oz) box chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 (10oz) can cream chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl, add and melt butter and then mix with the box of chicken stuffing, make sure to set aside half of the mixture for topping the casserole later.
- Add pulled chicken, diced zucchini, cream of chicken soup, and sour cream to the stuffing and mix well.
- Then spread the mixture into your baking dish and then evenly sprinkle the top with your reserved stuffing mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-45 minutes until it’s warmed through and the top is golden brown in the middle rack.
In place of the rotisserie, you can also use about (3) cooked and cubed chicken breasts for this recipe (though I’d season it with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder).
Feel free to add some other soft vegetables, such as yellow squash, corn, or mushrooms, to the mix you would like.
The edges will be crisp and might burn a little if you make them too thin.