Whenever I hear this recipe, I automatically think of BBQ or garden parties. We enjoy BBQ gatherings in our family, and it is something we do now and then. I don’t know why but it’s calming to spend time with your family and just talk while waiting for the BBQs. And, it is also a way of connecting with others, not that we lack contact, but because of the schools, jobs, and other personal reasons, we seldom see each other. My dad was the one who introduces this recipe to us. He made this at home for a party, it is a beautiful tray of salami, cream cheese, and pepperoncini roll-ups, and it was an instant hit. They are very easy to make and can be produced a few hours in advance. Simply cover the tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate before it works. That is another huge bonus for this delicious appetizer.
Aside from the fact that I can spend time with my family during those times, I am also excited to eat these Salami, Cream Cheese, and Pepperoncini Roll-Ups. It is one of those recipes I can eat forever. Salami is a type of cured Italian sausage, usually dry and harsh compared to other sausage types. Italian salami is made of ground meat combined with seasonings and packed in a casing, then dry-cured to achieve the perfect hardness. Try this recipe for Salami, Cream Cheese, and Pepperoncini Roll-Ups, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Prep: 10 mins | Total: 10 mins | Serving: 18 | Yield: 18 appetizers
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 18 slices thinly sliced salami
- 18 eaches sliced pepperoncini peppers, drained, or to taste
- Add and spread about 1 1/2 tsp of softened cream cheese over a slice of salami, and then top with 1 to 3 slices of pepperoncini pepper.
- Roll the salami around the cheese and pepper; secure with a toothpick. Repeat with remaining ingredients; serve immediately.
Per Serving: 49.3 calories; 13.7 mg cholesterol; 627.6 mg sodium; 1.2 g protein; 1.3 g carbohydrates.