These are my idea of a Samoa cookie in cupcakes form. This begins with a moist vanilla cupcake which is dunked into a thick chocolate … Easy Samoa Cupcakes – Chocolate cupcakes topped with brown sugar frosting, toasted coconut, chocolate drizzle and Samoa Cookie. Samoa Cupcakes: toasted coconut, quick homemade caramel, and chocolate coating over a pound cake cupcake is sure to please lovers of …
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. oil or melted butter
- 1 C. sour cream
- 1/2 C. milk or buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 C. butter, softened
- 2 1/2 -3 1/2 C. powdered sugar
- 3-5 Tbsp. caramel sauce
Coconut Caramel Topping:
- 1 1/2 C. shredded coconut, (I used the sweetened)
- 1/2 C. – 1 C. caramel sauce
- Chocolate ganache or melted chocolate to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
2. In a large bowl, sift cake mix to remove any lumps and continue to add the rest of the cake ingredients. Stir until smooth.
3. Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
4. Let cool.
5. Caramel Frosting: Beat butter until smooth. Add 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and beat again. Slowly add in caramel. Add more powdered sugar to make thicker if needed.
6. Coconut Caramel Topping: Carefully toast coconut in a pan on the stove or in the oven on broil. But be careful because the coconut can easily burn! Pour into a bowl and crush up with your hands or a spoon. Just crush it enough hot there aren’t long pieces left. Pour in 1/2 cup of the caramel sauce and stir. Depending on how thick you want the topping, continue to add more caramel.
7. To decorate, pipe a circle of frosting on the top of each cupcake. Use a knife to create a “well” in the frosting and fill it with the coconut topping. Then drizzle with melted chocolate or ganache (chocolate melted with cream).