There is something about the smell of roasted butternut squash wafting in the air that makes it feel like fall. We’ve created a butternut squash recipe your family will love. Filled with fall spices, honey, and butter, this easy to make roasted butternut squash recipe will have your family running to the table.
Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 6-8 slices
1 butternut squash, 3 to 4 pounds
2 pinch Kosher salt
2 pinch black pepper
4 Tbsp salted butter, melted
1/3 c honey
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp allspice
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Cut the butternut squash in half and remove seeds.
3. Score the squash and put on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Sprinkle each half of squash with a couple of pinches of Kosher salt and pepper.
5. Mix the melted butter with the honey, cinnamon, and allspice to make a sauce.
6. Brush halves with honey butter sauce. (Wipe up any drips from the parchment paper.)
7. Place in the oven for 60 minutes. After 30 minutes, brush again with the sauce. Then return to the oven for 30 minutes more.
8. After 60 minutes, check with a fork to see if the squash is tender. If it’s not done, cook for an additional 10 to 15 minutes.
9. Brush again with the sauce after it comes out. Reserve the rest of the sauce.
10. Serve! Heat the leftover honey butter spiced sauce in the microwave for 15 seconds. Use the leftover sauce to drizzle over the squash when serving.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST BY CLICKING HERE