Upgrade your scalloped potatoes recipe with this easy and delicious option. … using the best recipe (and yes …
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, russets
- 1 large yellow onion
- 4 oz gruyere cheese
- 4 ozs mild swiss cheese
- 2 heavy cream
- 1 tsp thyme, dried
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- 8-10 slice bacon
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp salt
- Peel potatoes using your mandolin, slice potatoes, and onion very thin set-aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 3/4 of the grated cheese in heavy cream adding the thyme and garlic.
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp, but not overcooked crumble in pieces.
- In a baking dish, layer potatoes, onions, small amount of bacon, seasoning each layer with salt and pepper.
- Continue layering until all potatoes, bacon, and onion are used. Pour the cream and cheese over each the layer.
- Finish the top with the last amount of grated cheese.
- Place covered in a 350 oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Uncover and continue cooking until the top is browned to your satisfaction!