Scrumptious Breakfast Casserole: Cinnamon French Toast And Cream Cheese … Slow Cooker Recipes, Crockpot Recipes, Casserole Recipes, WW Recipes, …
- 10 cups (1 large loaf) day-old Brioche, cut into cubes
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Maple syrup, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, maple syrup, dark sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Beat in melted butter and whisk for another 2 minutes.
- Drop bread cubes into the egg mixture, pressing them down so they’re completely coated and absorb all liquid.
- Spread 1/2 bread chunks in an even layer across the baking dish and sprinkle cubed cream cheese evenly across the bread.
- Top with remaining bread and cubed cream cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and transfer baking dish to the oven. Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
- Remove from oven, garnish with more maple syrup and serve immediately.