The name of this recipe fits this dish… it is sensational. The chicken is tender, layered with ham, stuffing and oozing with cheese. We loved the extra stuffing baked around the chicken. It adds extra herb flavor to the dish. It’s a very hearty meal with an impressive presentation.
Tip: Check one piece of chicken after 30 minutes by cutting into the breast. If it is still pink, cover the pan with foil to prevent it from drying out and cook for 10-15 minutes more
Cook time: 30 Min Prep time: 30 Min Serves: 4-6
4-6 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 lb honey ham (sliced from deli)
1 pkg block of Swiss cheese
2 box Stove Top stuffing, 6 oz each
1 jar(s) pesto sauce, 8 oz.
1 Tbsp garlic
2 Tbsp margarine
1. Heat oven to 400. Prepare stuffing according to the box. Set aside.
2. Cut Swiss cheese into 1/4 inch slices (2 per chicken breast).
3. Roll-up ham slices (1 per chicken breast) and cut in half.
4. Beat chicken breast until thin enough to roll.
5. Lay chicken flat and place cheese, ham, cheese then ham on chicken breast (2 pieces per breast, alternating).
6. Put scoopful of stuffing on top.
7. Bring the two ends together and secure with skewers.
8. Place in baking dish opening down. Put remaining stuffing around filling in spaces between chicken.
9. Once you are done filling all chicken breasts, in a small bowl combine (to your liking) pesto sauce, garlic and margarine/butter in dish. Heat in microwave for about 30-60 seconds.
10. Spoon on top of each chicken breast and spread out.
11. Place in oven (uncovered) for 30 mins or until chicken is no longer pink. I serve it with veggies and cheesy bacon scalloped potatoes!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!