These flavorful sesame chicken wings are marinated with garlic, green onions, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and other ingredients. The chicken wings should be marinated for at least 2 hours, so plan to prepare them in advance.
If you like spicier wings, add some Asian-style chili paste, or sambal. Or add some Sriracha sauce.
I will fight for the wings every time a whole chicken is served for dinner. Unfortunately, I raised boys who also want them, so now and then we need to have all-wing dinners. For us wing-lovers, wings — as a main dish or snacking food — are pure heaven. I especially like when the wing tip is extra crispy and I can chew it down to the end, like a potato chip.
My husband started cutting them off and cooking them separately to snack on, which also allows more wings to fit on a baking sheet. Wings can also be separated in 2 for smaller portions, detatching the drumette at the joint. Serve with a bottle of hot sauce at the table.
For the Marinade:
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 green onions (thinly sliced, tops included)
- For the Chicken Wings:
- 24 large chicken wing pieces, drumsticks, and forewings (thawed if frozen)
- Dash Hungarian sweet paprika
Please, use the next page button below for the recipe and ingredients and don’t forget to share this post with your friends and family on Facebook.