These Pulled Pork Enchiladas are made with Pork Carnitas and topped with a delicious homemade Enchilada Sauce!This post is part of a series of meals made using Easy Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas (Mexican Pulled Pork) that I posted last week. It freezes so well and defrosts quickly, making it great to have on hand for fast meals – like Enchiladas. However this recipe can be made using any pre cooked meat – shredded chicken in particular would be fantastic. It takes a mere 15 minutes to assemble (if that), then just pop it into the oven.
Cook time: 45 Min Prep time: 8 Hr
1 lb pork
1 pkg taco seasoning
32 oz chicken stock/broth
1 large onion
1 large zuchini
1 can(s) campbell’s fiesta nacho cheese soup
1 pkg tortillas
2 can(s) red enchilada sauce
1-2 Tbsp oil
4 c shredded cheese (i use a mixture of mexican blend & pepper jack. my son doesn’t like spicy foods, so i make his first & then add the pepper jack.)
chopped green onions
sliced or chopped black olives
1. Rub pork w/ taco seasoning or mix taco seasoning w/ broth. Put pork in crockpot, pour broth over meat. Cook until meat shreds easily (takes mine about 6 hours on low).
2. Reserve cooking liquid. Shred pork & set aside.
3. Put enough oil in frying pan to cover bottom. Chop onion & sautee on medium heat. Shred zuchini & add to pan. Add cooking liquid, 1/4 C at a time, to keep moist. When vegetables are soft & liquid is mostly absorbed, add shredded pork (& enough cooking liquid so that pork doesn’t dry out), soup, & 3 C cheese.
4. Spray 9 x 12 pan with cooking spray. Add enough red enchilada sauce to cover bottom of pan. Place 1/2 C or so pork mixture into tortilla, roll, & place in pan, seam side down. Continue until you’re out of tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over tortillas to cover them. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Spray foil, & cover pan.
5. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove foil & back 2 more minutes. Let sit 5 minutes.
6. Serve w/ salsa, sour cream, onions, olives, or whatever taco fixings you’d like.