Simple to make and even easier to enjoy, this low-maintenance, 5-ingredient caramel flan recipe will become your go-to dessert…
- 1 1/2 T sugar
- 1 12oz can(s)Carnation evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsppure vanillia
- 1/8 tspkosher salt
- 1pot hot water for the water bath to cook in
- whipped cream for topping ( if desired )
- grease a medium baking dish or 6 small individual ramekins or custard cups preheat oven to 350′ in a hot heavy saucepan or iron skillet add 3/4 cup of the sugar sprinkle evenly turn stove down to medium heat, let sugar melt and brown to make caramel for flan, remove from heat add caramel to the bottom of baking dish or ramekins divide evenly between them, spread caramel over bottoms.
- in a large bowl add 3/4 cup of the sugar, salt, and eggs, beat well, add can milk, mix well, add cinnamon and vanilla mix well
- pour into the baking dish or divide equally into ramekins or custard cups place into large deep baking pan add hot water to pan about halfway up dishes cover with tin foil make steam holes in top and place in oven bake for 35 to 40 minutes ( ovens vary) or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean.
- remove from water bath carefully
- cool about 3o minutes then cover and place in the fridge for several hours to chill.
- To serve to take a knife and go around the outer edge, then invert onto a desert plate, the caramel on the bottom will run down the sides but that’s ok, serve with whipped cream or just as is, Enjoy