Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 3 large skinless chicken breasts ( bone in)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (7/8 ounce) packages chicken gravy mix or 2 (7/8 ounce) packages mushroom gravy mix or 2 (7/8 ounce) packages brown gravy mix
- Place chicken breasts(you may remove bones if you like) in the crockpot. Pour in chicken broth.
- If it doesn’t cover the chicken, you may add a little bit of water.
- Cook on low 8 hours, or high 4-5 hours. Check for tenderness.
- When it falls off the bone when pulled with a fork, remove from crock pot. Remove bones.
- In a saucepan, pour 2 cups of broth from crock pot. Add 2 packages gravy mix and stir until it thickens, about 2 minutes.
- If you like you can make gravy from scratch, using the crock pot broth.
- Serve gravy over chicken. I always serve this with mashed potatoes, but noodles would be good too.
- You may season to taste at this point, but the gravy mix and the chicken broth are pretty salty, so taste first. Enjoy!
I served this to my husband, only using 1 cup broth and 1 gravy package. I refrigerated the rest of the chicken and broth, making it again the next day with the other gravy package.