We’re just gonna say it… this may be the best key lime pie we have ever had. And we’ve eaten a lot of key lime pie in my life. The vanilla wafer … In the summer, we spend quite a bit of time on a stretch of sandbar between Boca Grande & Little Gasparilla Island, just off the coast of …
Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 12
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!
To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 2 c vanilla wafer crumbs
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 15 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 c Coco Lopez (cream of coconut)
- 3/4 c key lime juice
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 c powdered sugar
1. In a bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, sugar, and melted margarine.
2. Press into a 9″ deep pie plate.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
4. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
5. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Beat in sweetened condensed milk, Coco Lopez, and key lime juice, one ingredient at a time.
7. Pour into cooled crust.
8. Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until center is set to the touch, but still jiggles slightly. Allow to cool before refrigerating.
9. Before serving beat whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff.
10. Pipe rosettes around edges.
11. Garnish with lime curls and white chocolate sea shells.