Remove chicken from skillet. Add water, mustard, salt and pepper to skillet; stirring with wire whisk until blended. Heat to boiling. Stir in rice; return to boiling. Our 2-step skillet chicken broccoli divan is our go-to recipe for a scrumptious dinner that can be ready in just 25 minutes, making it perfect for a busy schedule. Learn how to make our delicious Easy Skillet Chicken & Broccoli Divan recipe with our easy to follow step by step preparation and cooking directions.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 2.5 cups (or so) of chopped cooked chicken
- 3 cups cooked chopped broccoli
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Tablespoon Better than Boullion and 3/4 cup water, or 3/4 cup chicken broth and salt to taste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk (see note above)
- 2 teaspoons low carb thickener such as NOTStarch or 2 T whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped (it’s nice if you toast them, but not vital)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Saute onion and mushrooms in oil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add wine and boil most of it away.
- Add thickener. If you are using flour, cook for a minute or so before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- Add liquids and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cheese – you can mix that in or sprinkle it over the top and
- put the whole thing under the broiler to brown.
- Nutritional Analysis: (with NOTStarch): 6 grams effective carb plus 6 grams fiber, 31 grams protein, and 400 calories.