- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup dry marsala wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-inch thickness by gently pounding between sheets of plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Mix flour, salt, and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture; shake off excess flour.
- Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook garlic and parsley in oil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook, turning once, until brown.
- Add mushrooms and wine.
- Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning chicken once until chicken is no longer pink in center.