These slow cooker recipes are easy and delicious, with minimal ingredients and clean up…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- Place potatoes, carrots, and celery in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides.
- Transfer meat to slow cooker. In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Combine the flour, sugar, brown sugar, seasonings, orange zest, and cocoa.
- Stir in tomato sauce; add to skillet and heat through.
- Pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender.