This Crockpot Beef and Noodles is the ultimate easy dinner recipe, especially over mashed potatoes. This slow cooker recipe is easily adaptable for Instant Pot too…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 2 1/2 lbs chuck roast
- salt & pepper
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 packet au jus mix
- 1 14 oz can beef consommé
- 12 oz canned whole mushrooms
- 1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 oz medium egg noodles
- 1 cup milk or cream
- mashed potatoes, for serving
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Season chuck roast with salt and pepper, then sear in the skillet for 3-4 minutes, until browned.
- Flip and repeat on the other side. If your slow cooker has a “Roast” or “Sauté” setting, you could use this.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker, and sprinkle with the onion soup mix and the au jus mix.
- Pour the consommé and cream of mushroom soup over top and briefly mix together. Add in the mushrooms.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Finely shred the chuck roast in the broth.
- Stir in the uncooked egg noodles. Recover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
- Pour in the cream and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop mashed potatoes onto a plate and top with a hearty helping of beef and noodles.