I have been so excited to share this Slow Cooker Apple and Clove Ham recipe with you! It’s the type of recipe that makes me fall in love with the slow cooker evermore. I don’t think there is a better flavor combination than this. The apples, apple juice, brown sugar, and clove make a sauce that cooks into the ham, and with the ham being spiral it makes for even more flavor added to the ham with the juices going in between the slices.
I bought a 10-pound ham, it looked like it would fit in my slow cooker, but it was a bit large. I cut an inch off the bottom then it fit perfectly. I used that extra ham for other recipes during the week. Apple juice is used as the liquid in this recipe, though apple cider would be good too.
- 8-9 lb. spiral ham (I used a 10 lb. ham and cut a piece of the bottom so the lid would fit)
- 1 cup apple juice or cider
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 (21-oz.) cans apple pie filling
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- Slow Cooker Size:
- 6-quart or larger
- Add the ham to the slow cooker. Pour over the apple juice. Sprinkle over the brown sugar
- Spread over the apples, and sprinkle over the cloves.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- Serve the ham slices topped with the apples and sauce.