These Slow Cooker Apple BBQ Ribs will make for a great Crock-Pot meal this fall. We added in some apple flavors to our ribs along with some sweet brown sugar flavors to give these ribs a yummy kick…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 4h 35 minutes ]
- 5 lb Pork Spareribs (2 racks)
- 1 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 18 oz BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 1 Apple, cored and sliced
- Cut ribs into portion sized sections (about 3 ribs each)
- place ribs around sides and bottom of crock, meaty side up to crock,
- Spread apple slices over ribs.
- Combine onion, applesauce, brown sugar, vinegar and 1/2 of BBQ sauce in the blender.
- Pulse until blended.
- Pour sauce over ribs.
- Cook on high 5 hours, or on low for 8 hours, until ribs are tender.
- Remove from slow cooker and brush with remaining BBQ sauce.
- To get more crispy ribs, transfer ribs to a foil-lined baking sheet and broil for several minutes.