Sweet and saucy baked beans made in the slow cooker are the perfect side dish for barbecues, potlucks & picnics…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 4h25 minutes ]
- 2 15-ounce cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- ½ medium onion, diced
- ½ cup ketchup (such as Tessemae’s without added sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup (or less if your ketchup has added sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. molasses
- 2 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- Cook chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 7-8 minutes until almost crisp.
- Add onion to the pan with the bacon and cook an additional 4-5 minutes until onion starts to soften. Remove from heat.
- Transfer bacon and onion mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir gently to combine.
- Set slow cooker temperature to LOW and cook 4 hours, stirring a few times during cooking time.