Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon has crazy tender melt in your mouth beef and hearty veggies slow cooked to perfection in a rich sauce…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 5 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck, cut to 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup of red cooking wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- 5 Medium Carrots, sliced
- 1 pound baby potatoes (I used tricolor)
- 8 ounce fresh mushrooms, sliced
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large skillet cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Put bacon in slow cooker. Salt and pepper the beef and add to the skillet and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
- Add the red wine to the skillet scraping down the brown bits on the side.
- Allow it to simmer and reduce and slowly add chicken broth, and tomato sauce, and soy sauce.
- Slowly whisk in the flour. Add the sauce to the slow cooker.
- Add garlic, thyme, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms to the slow cooker.
- Give it a good stir and cook on low until beef is tender for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with mashed potatoes if desired.