Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli is an Asian dish that is super easy to make, and so much better tasting than taking out. Everything cooks right in the crock pot, even the sauce…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak — cut across grain into thin slices
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic paste — Sriracha, or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus additional to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic — about 2 large cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 cups broccoli florets — about 2 small crowns
- Prepared brown rice — or quinoa for serving
- Chopped green onions — and toasted sesame seeds optional for serving
- Coat a 4-quart or larger slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Place the beef in the bottom.
- In a small bowl, stir together the beef broth, soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili-garlic paste, and garlic.
- Pour over the beef, then stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch.
- Stir into the slow cooker with the beef and sauce, then place the broccoli on top.
- Cover, turn the heat to high and cook another 30 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Serve warm over rice, sprinkled with green onions and sesame seeds as desired.