Comfort food doesn’t get any better than Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles with Mushrooms. The meat cooks up so flavorful and tender. With lots of mushrooms and egg noodles, this is a filling, one-dish meal…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces frozen egg noodles (I use Reames)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Season chuck roast with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear roast on all sides. Place in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up any browned bits. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and egg noodles to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Use 2 forks to shred the meat. The last 15 minutes of cooking, add mushrooms, meat, and heavy cream to slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and pepper.