Slow cooker chicken parmesan – tender chicken covered with sauce and cheese…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, seasonings, salt, and pepper in the slow cooker; mix well.
- Place chicken breasts in the sauce.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and stir the sauce.
- Top chicken breasts with sauce and cheeses.
- In a small pan, heat the oil over medium heat for a minute.
- Add the breadcrumbs, and cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes, or until toasted.
- Serve chicken topped with toasted breadcrumbs.