For our best slow-cooker chicken pot pie recipe, we made a complex gravy with aromatics and white wine, thickened with tapioca, on top of the stove, and then transferred it to the slow cooker along with the chicken…
- 1 c. carrots, diced
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 bag frozen peas
- 1 bag frozen corn (or 1 can corn, juices drained)
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cans cream of chicken soup
- 3 c. water
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough (such as Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk biscuits)
- Pour carrots, onion, peas, and corn into the slow cooker.
- Chop chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and add to the slow cooker, along with soap and water.
- Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and stir.
- Cover with lid and cook on high for 4 to 5 hours (or on low for 6 to 8).
- Once time is almost up, preheat oven to 350°. Turn off slow cooker and place all of the biscuit dough pieces sides by side on top of the chicken mixture.
- Remove the ceramic, inner part of the slow cooker (the bowl) and place it in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the tops of the biscuits are golden.
- Ladle chicken pot pie into bowls and serve.