A traditional comfort food with a unique but oh-so-delicious twist. These Shredded Chicken Sloppy Joe Sliders are a winner for the entire family. Served between two sweet potato rounds, it makes for one delicious and hearty Paleo meal. Lighten it up by serving the chicken in a lettuce wrap, over a bed of greens, or whatever you please…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 3h55 minutes ]
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 14 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- ¼ cup canned organic tomato paste
- 3 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 3 dates, finely chopped
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 small sweet potatoes, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- Avocado oil (such as Primal Kitchen brand) or olive oil
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Return back to slow cooker, stir to mix all ingredients, and set the temperature to warm (or low) until ready to eat.
- While the chicken is cooking, preheat oven (or grill) to 375ºF.
- Brush sweet potato rounds with oil and a dash with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes or just until soft. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Place chicken between two sweet potato rounds.
- Add desired toppings such as pickles, onion, greens, broccoli slaw, mayonnaise, etc.