I love the simplicity of slow cooker dishes, so here’s one featuring chicken thighs to add to your recipe file…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 bone-in or boneless chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 c. ketchup
- 1/4 c. honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 oz. freshly chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp. sriracha
- Juice of 1 lime
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Freshly chopped cilantro, for garnish
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear until golden, 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken thighs to slow cooker.
- Whisk together soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha, and lime juice.
- Pour sauce over chicken and toss to combine.
- Cover and cook until no longer pink, on low for 6 hours or high for 2 hours.
- Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro.