Warm up this winter with Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup! This soup is delicious, comforting and conveniently all made in the slow cooker. There are many slow cooker recipes that have other steps you have to do outside of the slow cooker. Not that it bothers me at all but I know for some it does. Luckily, with this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup recipe, everything is done in the slow cooker. The noodles are even cooked right inside…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 7h 55 minutes ]
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 7 cups chicken broth, divided
- ½ medium yellow onion
- 5 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a large (6 to 8 quart) slow cooker.
- Stir in 6 cups of the chicken broth, onion, carrots, rosemary, and bay leaf. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining cup of chicken broth, flour, and heavy cream.
- Carefully pour shredded chicken and cream mixture back into slow cooker. Gently stir in egg noodles and peas.
- Cover with lid again and cook on low heat for an additional 30-60 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Serve immediately.