easy slow cooker french dip sandwiches: the best french dip ever! I am not joking, this slow cooker meal offers delectable, tender, and flavorful beef, wrapped in melted provolone cheese, and the perfect, crunchy exterior, soft interior french demi baguette. plus it is so easy to make! just 10 minutes prep…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 28 minute – Cooking time : 2h55 minutes ]
- 3 lb beef chuck roast trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 La Brea Bakery Take and Back French Demi Baguettes
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
For Crockpot/Slow Cooker
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 Tbs dry minced onions
- 1 Tbs beef bouillon
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and cook until seared on both sides, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Slice onions thin, and mince garlic, and add to now-empty skillet, cook for about 3-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add to slow cooker along with all the slow cooker ingredients (soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, liquid smoke, beef broth, dry minced onions, beef bouillon, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, pepper, dried thyme, bay leaf)
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-5 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker, and slice into thin pieces, against the grain. Return to the slow cooker for an additional 1-2 hours.
- Prepare to take and bake La Brea French Demi Baguette according to package directions.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut demi baguette in half and line insides with provolone cheese slices.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes, until cheese is nicely melted.
- Remove roast and fill french demi baguettes.
- Take the liquid left in the slow cooker, and strain it over a bowl, removing the onions and fat.
- Add onions to the sandwiches if desired
- Use the broth that was strained into the bowl as the au jus.