The key to busy evenings are slow cookers casserole, and this simple dish assembles in just minutes. In the slow cooker, onions, green beans, and ham mix with only enough water to cover — four hours and 30 minutes later, dinner is ready, and since all was cooked in one bowl, cleanup is a snap too. I enjoy these Slow-Cooker Green Beans, Ham, and Potatoes recipe since I was young until now because it is so hearty and delicious. Also, I consider this as my comfort because it always warms, not just my body, but also my soul. The flavors beautifully combine, blending ham with special, but not unusual ingredients. Try this recipe for Slow Cooker Green Beans, Ham, and Potatoes, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
Prep: 30mins | Cook: 4hrs | Total: 4 hrs 30 mins | Servings: 10 | Yield: 10 servings
- 2 lbs of fresh green beans, rinsed, trimmed
- (1) large onion, chopped
- (3) eaches ham hocks
- 1 ½ pounds new potatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tbsp chicken bouillon granules
- ground black pepper to taste
- Halve beans if they are large, put it in a slow cooker with water to barely cover, and add onion and ham hocks. Cover, and cook on High until simmering. Then reduce heat to low, and cook for 2 to 3 hours, or until beans are crisp but not done.
- Add and cook potatoes for another 45 minutes. Remove the ham hocks from slow cooker, and remove meat from bones while potatoes are cooking. Chop or shred meat, and return to slow cooker. Then season with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, bouillon, and pepper. Cook until potatoes are done, then adjust seasoning to taste.
- To serve: Put beans, potatoes, and ham into a serving dish with a little broth using a slotted spoon.
In this recipe, I recommend using a ham hock, as the bone will add extra flavor. You can use the leftover ham if that’s all you’ve got on hand.
Per Serving: 199.8 calories; fat 9g 14% DV; cholesterol 28.6mg 10% DV; sodium 133.1mg 5% DV; protein 10.2g 21% DV; carbohydrates 20.6g 7% DV.
Get Your E-book Now