These fluffy mashed potatoes loaded with bacon, cheddar, and chives topped with a creamy Paleo-friendly ranch dressing are pretty much a comfort food dream-come-true…
Ingredients [ For 6 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 4h55 minutes ]
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water or broth
- ¼ cup ghee or butter (use ghee for Whole30-friendly option- we use Pure Indian Foods ghee)
- 4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3-4 strips crisp cooked bacon, chopped (use Pederson’s Natural Farms Uncured Bacon for Whole30- option)
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing
- 4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese + additional for topping (~1 cup) (Omit for a Whole30-friendly option or substitute ¼ cup nutritional yeast)
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Halve or quarter potatoes into 1- to 1 ½-inch chunks. Place in slow cooker.
- Add ghee or butter, liquid, garlic, and salt.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set heat to HIGH. Cook 4 hours or until potatoes are tender and mashable.
- Using a potato masher or immersion blender, mash potatoes adding additional water or broth as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Add bacon, ranch dressing, cheese and chives and stir well to combine. Top with additional cheese if you’d like.
- Serve immediately or hold in a slow cooker set to ‘Warm’ until ready to serve.