Tasty strips of sirloin are seasoned with garlic powder, then slow cooked with onion, green pepper, and stewed tomatoes for this easy and comforting dinner…
- 2 pounds of beef sirloin cut into 2-inch strips.
- Garlic powder.
- 3 tbsps of vegetable oil.
- 1 cube of beef bouillon.
- ⅓ cup of hot water.
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- ½ cup of chopped onion.
- 2 large roughly chopped green bell peppers.
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can of stewed tomatoes with juice.
- 3 tbsps of soy sauce.
- 1 tsp of white sugar.
- 1 tsp of salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat and brown the strips after seasoning them with garlic powder to taste.
- Once browned, place the strips in a slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, mix together the bouillon cube with hot water to dissolve then add the cornstarch and stir to dissolve.
- Pour the mixture over the meat in the crockpot, add in the onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Simple, easy and delicious! The best part about this pepper steak is the slow cooking, everything tastes better when cooked on the low right! I served this with some rice and a vegetable salad, it was perfect.