Our slow cooker pierogi kielbasa casserole is a belly-warming dinner that just screams delicious and satisfying. This is definitely a shortcut meal, meaning: we grab a few items from the grocery store to help us get a dinner on the table that’s big on goodness and short on effort. This recipe pretty much had me at “slow cooker” because this kitchen device does so much to help feed a hungry bunch…
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (16 oz.) packages gnocchi
- 2 (24 oz.) packages sour cream and chive mashed potatoes
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa, sliced
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- Green onions, garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place gnocchi and kielbasa in the slow cooker and sprinkle 1 cup cheddar cheese over them, then add in mashed potatoes, cream cheese, kosher salt, and black pepper.
- Pour chicken broth over everything and stir together.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours, or until gnocchi is cooked through.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese, then cover again and cook for another 30-45 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Transfer to serving bowls and top with green onions. Enjoy!