This hearty beanless chili is a crowd pleaser – and it’s Whole30-friendly! The pumpkin adds a touch of sweetness, fiber, and vitamin A and it’s a great way to sneak more veggies into your diet. Feel free to spice it up by adding more chili powder, jalapenos or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 5h55 minutes ]
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or pure beef tallow (such as Fatworks Pure Tallow)
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion (about 1 large onion)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds grass-fed ground beef or bison
- 1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
- ½ 6-oz. can tomato paste
- 1 14-oz. can pumpkin puree
- ½ – 1 cup chicken broth or water (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 ½ tsp. dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and saute the onions and peppers, stirring occasionally, for about 7 minutes or until onions start to soften.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Use a spatula or large spoon to break it up as it cooks.
- Cook until meat is nearly cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer meat mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir.
- Set heat to LOW and cook for 6-7 hours. Serve with desired toppings.