Pop your ingredients in the Crock-Pot and have this slow cooker shredded chicken ready and waiting for you to make a tasty and filling chicken burrito bowl…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 ½ lb. chicken breasts
- 1 ¼ cups salsa verde mild or medium
- 2 Tbsp. butter or olive oil
- ¾ cup red onion finely diced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- ¼ Tsp. salt
- 2 large avocado thinly sliced
- Jalapeno optional
- Cilantro optional
- Rice or cauliflower rice
- In a 6-quart slow cooker place chicken, salsa verde, butter, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Lift up chicken breasts to allow some of the liquid to get underneath them.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or Low for 6 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking shred the chicken breasts and let finish cooking.
- While chicken is cooking, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, red onion slices, and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 4-6 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve shredded chicken over cooked rice or cauliflower rice with sautéed onions, sliced avocado, cilantro, and jalapeños and enjoy.