I had literally 15 minutes to whip this together before I ran out the door yesterday. Not kidding! It’s that easy to put together, and I just love it with a big part of butter melting over the top, a dash of salt and pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. YUM!
- serves 6 to 8 people
- 10 small red and/or russet potatoes, scrubbed, unpeeled, and quartered
- 1 medium head of green cabbage (not Napa) cored and coarsely chopped
- 16 oz. package baby carrots
- 1 large onion, peeled, quartered, and thickly sliced
- 28 oz. smoked pork sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
- Grease a 7 to the 8-quart slow cooker with peanut oil or vegetable oil. (Don’t use olive oil or butter because it will burn.)
- Layer veggies in the order listed above, sprinkling each layer with a little garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, parsley, and black pepper.
- Place the sausage pieces on top. Pour the stock over everything.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with butter, lemon wedges. Salt and pepper, to taste.