These Swedish Meatballs are a perfect family meal or appetizer idea year round or during the holiday season. Serve them over egg noodles, on top of mashed potatoes, or all by themselves. The combination of ground pork and ground beef with all the delicious gravy makes them even better than IKEA…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 4h 35 minutes ]
- 1 lb Ground Chuck
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 slices Bread
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter, divided
- 1 medium Onion, diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Allspice
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 4 cup Beef Broth
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat oven to 200.
- In a large bowl, tear bread into pieces and add milk. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter and saute onions with salt and pepper over medium heat until soft. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add ground chuck, ground pork, egg yolks, allspice and nutmeg to bread and milk mixture. Mix well with your hands to incorporate.
- Add onions to the mixture once cooled and mix well with hands.
- Form into 1″ meatballs and roll until round.
- Melt remaining butter in the skillet over medium-low heat and brown the meatballs on all sides and are cooked through (about 10-12 minutes).
- Transfer browned meatballs to baking sheet and place in oven.
- Lower skillet to low and add the flour whisking until slightly brown.
- Slowly add beef stock whisking until sauce starts to thicken. Add heavy cream and cook until the sauce thickens again.
- Add meatballs back to the gravy and serve over egg noodles.