I think we can all agree that eating the same meals over and over because you’re stuck in a food rut is boring and uninspiring. Or, to put it bluntly, it sucks…
Ingredients [ For 9 to 11 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 7h55 minutes ]
- 2 lbs. ground bison or ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 4-oz. can dice green chilies
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 2 28-oz. cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups Whole30-compliant chicken or beef broth
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground chipotle or ancho chili powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground meat until just cooked through.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Feel free to add more seasonings if you wish.
- Serve with additional toppings as desired.
Toppings (3 ways)
- Add crunch and a flare of flavor with slices of jicama, roughly chopped cilantro and a lime wedge.
- Add a kick with slices of jalapeno peppers and chopped green onions.
- Add a fried egg to up the protein and serve it over a bed of greens for a mean and green hearty bowl of chili.