An absolute crowd-pleaser! loaded with ground beef, cheese and everyone’s fave: tater tots! made in the crockpot! easy…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 4h25 minutes ]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, frozen, canned or roasted
- 1 cup salsa, homemade or store-bought
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can be chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and onion and cook until beef has browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the beef as it cooks; drain excess fat and remove from heat.
- Stir in black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles, taco seasoning and enchilada sauce.
- Lightly coat the inside of a 4-qt slow cooker with nonstick spray.
- Spread half of the tater tots onto the bottom of the slow cooker; top with ground beef mixture and remaining tater tots.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 3-4 hours. Add cheese during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro, if desired.