This BBQ Beef Brisket recipe makes the most tender and flavorful brisket as it slows cooks all day! It’s the only brisket recipe you’ll ever need…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 9 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 11 hours 50 minutes ]
- 2 to 3 pounds beef brisket
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup water
- 1½ teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- Combine the thyme, paprika, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Rub spice mixture all over the top of the brisket.
- Pour 1 cup water in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Place spice covered brisket over water.
- Pour the liquid smoke and Worcestershire sauce over top of brisket.
- Cover with lid and cook on Low heat for 12 hours.
- Once done the cooking, carefully remove brisket to a large platter.
- Remove fat from the bottom of brisket. It should easily skim right off. Discard fat. Shred brisket.
- Carefully (it will be hot!) pour whats left of water out of slow cooker.
- Place shredded brisket back in slow cooker and pour barbecue sauce all over the top.
- Gently stir. Cover with lid and cook another 30 minutes or until sauce is heated through.
- Serve brisket warm.