We draw upon classic flavors to help us create a flavor experience that pays homage to essential Italian cooking, like parmesan cheese, sundried tomatoes, and bright green spinach – the colors of the Italian flag! We love this recipe for how simple it is to prepare and how delicious it is to eat. As we sit around the table, we can start to plan our Italian vacation, inspired by the flavors of this wonderful meal…
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, seasoned and browned on both sides
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Spaghetti, for serving
- For the alfredo sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat, then pour in heavy cream.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes, or until starting to thicken, then stir in parmesan cheese and lemon juice, stirring until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, then remove from heat.
- Stir together the sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning together in a medium bowl.
- Place browned chicken breasts in the slow cooker, then pour in sun-dried tomato alfredo sauce.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until chicken is cooked through.
- When chicken is cooked through, stir in freshly chopped spinach and cook for another 5-10 minutes, then serve hot over spaghetti, with sauce spooned on top.