This hearty SLOW COOKER TUSCAN TORTELLINI SOUP will be a family favorite. Delicious & easy to make, you’re simply going to love how easy it comes together…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time :3h 55 minutes ]
- 3 28 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup kale roughly chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half milk would work too
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
- 1 9 ounces package THREE BRIDGES Triple Cheese Tortellini
- In a large pan add sausage, onion, and garlic.
- Roughly chop while the sausage is cooking and cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through about 8-10 minutes.
- Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
- In a 6 qt. slow cooker adds chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
- Add lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or love 4-5.
- Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese, and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese if you so desire.