“PORK” enough said! Enjoy these tasty ribs with some potato salad, bbq baked beans, coleslaw, grilled corn on the cob and a nice cold …
5-6 lb pork baby back ribs
- 3 Tbsp kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp garlic, granulated
- 1 Tbsp onion, granulated
- 1 Tbsp cumin, ground
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp paprika, sweet mild
- 1 Tbsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 c apple cider
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 large lemon juice, fresh
- 1/2 c barbecue sauce
- 1/2 c jack daniels whiskey
- Rub a generous amount of rub on ribs. Make sure they are evenly coated.
- Wrap ribs with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare Grill: I use a propane powered smoker. Soak wood chips for at least 30 minutes. I use a mixture of hickory and oak chips.
- Fill the water pan with apple cider, beer or liquid of choice.
- Smoker temperature should be between 250-275 degrees. (If using a charcoal grill, place charcoal and/or wood chunks on one side of the grill and place the water pan underneath the ribs on the grill rack.
- Maintain the grill temperature by changing out charcoal and wood as needed.)
- Baste ribs after the first hour as needed, to keep the ribs nice and moist.
- Change wood chips every 1 1/2 hours. Smoke for 4 hours until ribs are tender. Remove from smoker and cover with foil.