This is a great twist on traditional fried or smothered cabbage – taken from the Tonys Seafood of Louisiana website (who are quoting a Mulates recipe). How can …
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, large (diced)
- 1 head cabbage, medium size (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
How to make it:
- In a large saucepan, brown sausage over medium heat.
- Add onion and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage and cover.
- Cook about 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and add seasonings, cook 5 minutes more