This is a delicious recipe combining apples, sour cream, sugar, and a few others–
- 1refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/4 C sour cream
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/4 C flour (self-rising)
- 2 tspvanilla extract
- 6 c1/4 inch slices peeled baking apples
- 1/2 C flour (self-rising)
- 1/2 C chopped walnuts
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/4 flight brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Tbsps cold butter or margarine
- Heat oven to 400F. Unroll pie crust in a 9-inch pie plate as directed on box for one crust filled the pie.
- In a large bowl, beat sour cream, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla and egg with a wire whisk until well blended, stir in apples.
- Pour into crust-lined pie plate.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F, bake 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix all topping ingredients except butter.
- With a pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like course crumbs. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Sprinkle topping over pie. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown.
- Cool completely on a wire rack, about 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie.
- high altitude (3500-6500 ft) in step 4, bake 25 to 30 minutes.