This homestyle cornbread is a perfect mix of savory southern cornbread and sweet northern cornbread… fluffy and soft, it’s the only recipe you’ll …
- 1/2 vegetable oil
- 1/4 vegetable oil (reserved for pan)
- 3/4 self-rising flour (Martha white)
- 1 self-rising cornmeal (Martha white)
- 1 sour cream
- 1 cream style corn
- 1 grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grab a cast iron pan. (I use a No. 8 or No.
- 10 cast iron skillet.) Pour 1/4 c. of vegetable oil into pan and place in the oven.
- While the pan is heating up with the oil, mix all ingredients together using a wooden spoon and pour batter into the hot skillet.
- Return to oven at bake until golden, approximately 30 mins.