You don’t have to wait until summer to have a great pulled BBQ pork sandwich. I always get requests to make these delicious sandwiches. It’s made in a slow cooker, so it’s easy to make, but yet so tasty. Note: You can brown the roast in a little olive oil on the stove first, to give it more eye appeal.
Cook time: 8 Hr Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 8 to 10
3 lb boneless pork lion roast, trimmed
1 c water
18 oz bottle barbecue sauce, of your choice
2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
1 or 2 Tbsp hot pepper sauce
1/4 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
8 to 10 hamburger buns, split
1. Place roast in 3-1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker; add one cup water.
2. Cover and cook on high setting 7 hours or until tender.
3. Shred meat.
4. Return meat to slow cooker. Stir in sauces, sugar, salt, and pepper.
5. Cover and cook on low setting one more hour.
6. Serve on buns and top with coleslaw, if desired.