Southwestern Chicken & Rice Skillet is a filling, low-fat supper filled with taco-
What you will need:
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup salsa (I used my own homemade)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (very important IMO to the flavor)
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions or 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, and salt over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and garlic; cook 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over.
- Combine salsa and mustard; spoon over and around chicken.
- Continue cooking, turning chicken and stirring the sauce, 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sprinkle cheese and onion (or cilantro) over chicken.
- Continue cooking 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Only 2.7 g carbs per breast